sine (or SINE as it was originally released) is C418's first album that was released on Bandcamp, wasn't originally one song, and isn't the whatever directors cut. It is also the 45th BAM, and the penultimate album to be released via BAM (the last being zweitonegoismus, BAM #50).
A little electro ep with four different music styles.
sine is an ooooooooold EP I created while on vacation in Berlin.
My first serious minimal techno track.
I remember being proud of “test” for being created solely with one synthesizer, drums and all.
- C418 and smn later released a different song called test, on A Cobblers Tee Thug.
It really gave me a headache.
“headache” was a song that a friend of mine didn’t like when I asked them about it. They suggested maybe making it an ambient thing instead. So I did, albeit only briefly.
- C418 has also released songs called No but Yes and Yes, although there is no other connection between them.
I think “jacke” is terrible.
- C418's first Bandcamp-released collaboration with smn, although they previously worked together on BAMs #33 and extra 1.
- "Jacke" is German for "jacket".
- Despite Daniel's dislike for this song, /u/whizzer0 chose it as her nomination for the fortieth /r/C418 Song of the Week.
- The download description on Bandcamp for this album is "Eins.", which is an anagram of "sine" and the German word for "one".
- The sine page on C418.org also briefly displays the text "eins" before showing the normal title "sine".